WAM is a simple Workload Allocation Modelling tool. It is intended to allow activities to be defined for (mainly) academic staff and for these to be allocated across given semesters in a given academic year.
While an early prototype it currently has the following features:
- Define members of staff and their FTE contribution;
- Define categorised activities with loads expressed over three semesters;
- Allocate activities to staff members;
- Show a transparent list of all staff allocations;
- Define tasks requiring completion by specified users / and or groups of users;
- Show tasks and the list of staff completed or not completed;
- Show tasks for each member of staff;
- Email outstanding task reminders to staff;
- Define modules of study and have activities mapped to them;
- Track the submission of coursework and exams for modules.